Did you know that a leaking toilet can cause extensive water damage to your home? Yes, that’s right! It may seem like a small issue, but it can lead to an expensive nightmare if not repaired in a timely manner. At Beach Plumbing, we want to educate our clients on why timely toilet plumbing repairs are so important in preventing costly water damage.
In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of timely toilet plumbing repairs. We will also touch on repair terms you can use to educate yourself so you can understand exactly what’s involved in your next toilet plumbing repair job.
5 Reasons Why You Should Be Timely with Toilet Plumbing Repairs
1. Water Damage: A leaking toilet, if not repaired immediately, can cause extensive water damage to your home. Water damage can weaken the structure of your house, promote mold growth, and damage your floors, walls, and ceilings. In the long run, it’s much cheaper to repair a leaking toilet than it is to fix costly water damage.
2. Increased Water Bills: The constant flow of water from a faulty toilet can cause your water bill to skyrocket. Pro plumber tip: If you notice an unusual increase in your water bills, it’s time to take a look at your toilet.
3. Health Issues: A leaking toilet can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause health issues such as respiratory problems, allergies, and asthma.
4. Improve Toilet Efficiency: A timely plumbing repair can improve the efficiency of your toilet. A faulty toilet can waste water and even fail to flush waste properly. Having a toilet that functions will not only save you money on your water bill, but can also improve your overall quality of life.
5. Preventative Maintenance: Timely toilet plumbing repairs are a part of preventative maintenance. Regular maintenance of your plumbing system can prevent future issues from occurring. By having professional plumbers repair your toilet, you can prevent costly damages and unexpected repairs.
Repair Terms to Help Prepare You for Toilet Plumbing Jobs
Toilet Flange Repair
The toilet flange is the circular ring that secures the toilet to the drain pipe. Over time, it can deteriorate and eventually cause the toilet to become loose and wobbly. This can lead to leaks and, even worse, the toilet coming completely off the drain pipe. You need to repair the toilet flange immediately if it becomes damaged.
Toilet Fill Valve Repair
The fill valve is responsible for refilling the toilet tank with water after it’s been flushed. A damaged fill valve can cause the toilet to constantly run or not flush properly.
When the toilet constantly runs, your water bill’s going to increase. If your toilet doesn’t flush properly, it can lead to clogs and even more serious plumbing problems.
Toilet Tank Repair
The toilet tank houses the fill valve and is where the water is held before it’s flushed into the bowl. A damaged toilet tank can cause water to leak and damage your flooring and walls.
Cracks in the porcelain tank can cause water to slowly leak out, eventually causing severe water damage. If you notice any leaks or cracks in your toilet tank, call us ASAP.
Repair a Leaking Toilet
A leaking toilet can seem like a minor inconvenience, but if left unrepaired, it can cause serious water damage to your home. Leaks can occur at the base of the toilet, around the tank bolts, or even from the supply line. Keep an eye out for water around your toilet base. Addressing these leaks quickly will prevent water damage to your flooring, walls, and subflooring.
Call Beach Plumbing for all of Your Plumbing Needs
Timely toilet plumbing repairs are crucial in preventing costly water damage to your home. Neglecting to repair a faulty toilet flange, fill valve, tank, or leak can result in extensive damage to your flooring, walls, and subflooring.
Beach Plumbing has experienced plumbers that specialize in toilet plumbing repairs, serving the South Bay, Long Beach, and West Orange County areas. Beach Plumbing is the top local plumbing contractor serving residents in the area. View our full range of services now.